Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't start spyder over VNC

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
MEMEs

Can't start spyder over VNC

#1 Post by MEMEs »

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure my Asus Tinkerboard running TinkerOS which is based on Debian. Currently I would like to run spyder 2.7. This all works great when I connect the board to a monitor, but when I vnc in the board I get the following error:

Code: Select all

spyder
The X11 connection broke: Unsupported extension usefd (code 2)
XIO: fatal error IO error 22 (Invalid argument) on X server ":1.0" after 6 requests (6 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
I think this is because for some reason the output of spyder is routed to display :0, but the VNC is routed to display :1.

I've tried to run the command using sudo as well, this did not help either.

Does anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

Thank you in advance!

MEMEs

Re: Can't start spyder over VNC

#3 Post by MEMEs »

Well we dont know if this is a tinkerboard only problem. The errors are all software related right ? So I would assume this question is also valid here.
Plus this forum is used more, I hope to get some help here.

Thanx! :)

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#4 Post by arochester »

Something to be aware of: Debian is a core or source distribution. This means there are many Debian-based distributions. THEY ARE NOT DEBIAN. Their information may or may not be useful or safely applied to Debian. Debian has no way of knowing what has been changed on these systems.
- oswaldkelso

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

Yes , this forum might be used more, but by Debian users,....
The errors are all software related right ? So I would assume this question is also valid here.
You also mention the version of spyder being 2.7, but no mention of what version of Debian you are using ? Oh, I missed this:
running TinkerOS
But any way, maybe start with some better details, for example, How did you try to install this "spyder 2.7", ? And where did you get it ?
The current version for DEBIAN stable is :

Code: Select all

spyder (3.1.3+dfsg1-3) 
Being a software issue, you probably should be asking the author and source of the software:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder
Note, even there (above) I can not find any spyder version 2.7,
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/re ... ter=v3.0.0
all though there is a 2.3 version,.... so where did you get this version 2.7 you have ? That also would be the place to ask about problems you have with that software.