advice on burning dmg on usb stick

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby orenballinz » 2018-11-30 06:21

My wife's MacBook Pro can't boot up as normal and probably a clean reinstall would fix the issue. I have a old PC with dual boot so I am wondering how can I make a bootable USB from macOS installation dmg? What's the best way to do that?
orenballinz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 2018-11-30 01:12

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby None1975 » 2018-11-30 14:41

Hello. Please check this. And for the future it would be good to look for the answer to your questions on google before asking here.
User avatar
None1975
 
Posts: 703
Joined: 2015-11-29 18:23
Location: Lithuania, Vilnius

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby orenballinz » 2018-12-04 05:43

None1975 wrote:Hello. Please check this. And for the future it would be good to look for the answer to your questions on google before asking here.


Thanks. I did check a few posts before posting a new thread at here. but the disk made by dmg2img not recognizing by the computer.
Last edited by orenballinz on 2018-12-12 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
orenballinz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 2018-11-30 01:12

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby milomak » 2018-12-04 22:37

i struggled with this.i'm pretty sure i never actually got it done on linux

your best bet may be a virtual install
Desktop: iMac Late-2015 27" 5K Retina (17,1 - 3.3GHz) - MacOS and Windows 10 (Bootcamp)/ Debian Sid (External SSD)
Laptop: Lenovo ideapad Y700 [nVidia Optimus] (64-bit) - Debian Sid, Win10,
Kodi Box: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Debian Sid
milomak
 
Posts: 1860
Joined: 2009-06-09 22:20

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby Koueasu » 2018-12-07 00:34

orenballinz wrote:
None1975 wrote:
Thanks. I did check a few posts before posting a new thread at here. but the disk made by dmg2img not recognizing by the computer.

Hi guys,are you talking about dmg2img ? I've never been successful with this tool,maybe we don't have any luck.
Koueasu
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2018-12-05 09:01

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby orenballinz » 2018-12-07 00:48

Koueasu wrote:
orenballinz wrote:
None1975 wrote:
Thanks. I did check a few posts before posting a new thread at here. but the disk made by dmg2img not recognizing by the computer.

Hi guys,are you talking about dmg2img ? I've never been successful with this tool,maybe we don't have any luck.


yes. that one is recommended by a lot of bloggers.
orenballinz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 2018-11-30 01:12

Re: advice on burning dmg on usb stick

Postby llivv » 2018-12-07 04:03

eastreferenceman has a decent writeup for dmg on linux
https://eastmanreference.com/how-to-work-with-dmg-files-on-linux
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage


Return to General Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

fashionable