Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Why are the PAM modules trown away from modern linux?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Nikolai_D

Why are the PAM modules trown away from modern linux?

#1 Post by Nikolai_D »

Here we go,
A view month ago my linux teacher/colleague was telling me if he should sue RH (its just a joke okay :D) because they threw the PAM modules out from last version or something.
Now a few days ago i started installing OpenMediaVault on SolydXK. And what did i got?
Some php5-pam and php5-proctitle issues.
http://forums.solydxk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4286
So whats there about it? Is there anything that can be fixed here?
thanks in advance,
Nikolai

Nikolai_D

Re: Why are the PAM modules trown away from modern linux?

#2 Post by Nikolai_D »

Nobody knows? :)
So is there something that can be done with this php5-pam and proctitle issues or not?
Im willing to recompile them or whatever, any links/suggestions?
thanks in advance,
Nikolai

koanhead

Re: Why are the PAM modules trown away from modern linux?

#3 Post by koanhead »

This is Debian, not Red Hat. The packages, if they exist, may not have the same names as those in Red Hat. Solydxk is also not Debian. You should ask in the Solydxk forum.
If you have questions about a particular Debian package, then consider searching at packages.debian.org. If the package exists, it will be listed there with links to the project page and contact information for the maintainers.