Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

UZBL Cookies

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
devilock76

UZBL Cookies

#1 Post by devilock76 »

I can't seem to figure out why uzbl is not storing cookie information in Jessie. I recently started using this browser a lot more as part of my more distraction free workflow and I just can't seem to figure out what I am missing. I hate to say this in these forums but cookie storage is working under Linux Mint. I have to figure there is a step Mint did for me in the package that I am missing, I just can't sort out what it is. UZBL docs have not steered me towards anything enlightening.

Ken

dasein

Re: UZBL Cookies

#2 Post by dasein »

devilock76 wrote:I hate to say this in these forums but cookie storage is working under Linux Mint. I have to figure there is a step Mint did for me in the package that I am missing, I just can't sort out what it is.
Well, the folks who would know don't read here and don't post here. Therefore, the seemingly sensible thing to do is ask your question in the venue where, according to you, they already have the problem solved: http://linuxmint.com/forum/

mean_dean

#3 Post by mean_dean »

If you have to ask for help then it isn't the browser for you. At least that is the meme...

I do recall there was some problems with cookies at one time but I suspect that is not the problem. I suspect the problem is that it needs to be configured and you havent done so. That is kind of what uzbl is all about.

I trust you have looked at...
/usr/share/doc/uzbl/FAQ
and
/usr/share/doc/uzbl/README
and you know example scripts and plugins are in
/usr/share/uzbl/examples/data/

But I believe uzbl is unmaintained anymore. I would look for something else...xombrero maybe...

devilock76

#4 Post by devilock76 »

I didn't realize uzbl was unmaintained but sure enough last git release was 2012.

Ken

mean_dean

#5 Post by mean_dean »

you're welcome

mt12345

#6 Post by mt12345 »

uzbl was updated to version 0.9 on February 2016, then to 0.9.1 on November 2016 but still all distros (apart from Arch) ship with 2012 version :(