Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ScriptSafe: Youtube video loads slow

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
G-Known

ScriptSafe: Youtube video loads slow

#1 Post by G-Known »

I've installed ScriptSafe on my Chrome Browser, when it's enabled Youtube videos loads slow despite there are ads displayed on the video. Is this a bug?
Debian Jessie
Asus Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1
Intel Core M 5Y10; Intel HD Graphics 5300

stevepusser

Re: ScriptSafe: Youtube video loads slow

#2 Post by stevepusser »

I'm pretty sure that Youtube ads are done with Flash rather than Javascript. Are you using Flash or html5 for the Youtube player?
MX Linux packager and developer

fireExit

#3 Post by fireExit »

Check the users reviews in the Chrome Web Store to see if other users have similar issues.
One thing that immediately puts me off of that extension is the fact that it was last updated in May 2014.

G-Known

#4 Post by G-Known »

stevepusser wrote:I'm pretty sure that Youtube ads are done with Flash rather than Javascript. Are you using Flash or html5 for the Youtube player?
It's running on HTML5 by default, I do have flash player installed.
Debian Jessie

G-Known

#5 Post by G-Known »

fireExit wrote:Check the users reviews in the Chrome Web Store to see if other users have similar issues.
One thing that immediately puts me off of that extension is the fact that it was last updated in May 2014.
They have complaints about the functionality of using a script blocker being tedious and certain websites don't work if all scripts were unblocked.
Debian Jessie

G-Known

#6 Post by G-Known »

What I'm finding that is that it automatically blocking googlevideo scripts which is responsible on loading the video thus stalling it. Even if you allow all running scripts, if you play another video, the former occurs.
Debian Jessie