Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

is reprepro something similar/like to rsync ?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
shirish

is reprepro something similar/like to rsync ?

#1 Post by shirish »

Hi all,
I came across reprepro . It seemed like a cross between git and rsync. The only difference (at least to my mind) is that it's related to debian packages. If I wanted to try it out for a small number of packages on my system, using say the debian weekly net-install as $some packages will change, how could I go about it ?

I would like to have a go at that. Is there anything I need to think of while trying it.

From aptitude :-

Code: Select all

[$] aptitude show reprepro                                                                                                         
Package: reprepro                        
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4.16.0-1
Priority: extra
Section: utils
Maintainer: Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Uncompressed Size: 1,104 k
Depends: pinentry-curses, libarchive13, libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.15), libdb5.3, libgpg-error0 (>= 1.10), libgpgme11 (>= 1.2.0), liblzma5 (>=
         5.1.1alpha+20120614), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.0.2)
Recommends: apt (>= 0.9.4)
Suggests: gnupg-agent, inoticoming, lzip (>= 1.11-2)
Description: Debian package repository producer
 reprepro is a tool to manage a repository of Debian packages (.deb, .udeb, .dsc, ...). It stores files either being injected manually or downloaded from some other repository (partially) mirrored into one pool/ hierarchy. Managed packages and files are stored in a Berkeley DB, so no database server is needed. Checking signatures of mirrored repositories and creating signatures of the generated Package indices is supported. 

This package also contains the changestool and rredtool helpers.
Homepage: http://mirrorer.alioth.debian.org/
I do see this :-

https://wiki.debian.org/SettingUpSigned ... thReprepro

Will try it out, although if there are people who have tried with it, will be good to know in case I falter somewhere.
Intel Dual-Core CPU E5400 (soc 775) @ 2.70GHz, onboard Intel G33, Asus MB P5KPL-AM IN (Intel G31), D-Link 2750u modem+router, 64-bit Debian Testing, Mate 1.26