Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mix of stretch and Jessie

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
spacex

Re: Mix of stretch and Jessie

#41 Post by spacex »

spoon wrote:If it's not a production machine, then why can't a beginner run testing? Why do some people on this forum think that they get to decide what others do with their computers?
Correct. 100% agree with you, as long as that beginner doesn't demand that someone should help him solve any mess that he/she might create. The reason why Debian don't want beginners to behave like that, is that it creates a huge need for support. It's requires a lot less support-resources to simply say, "NO, DON'T DO IT".

ankscorek

Re: Mix of stretch and Jessie

#42 Post by ankscorek »

wow I never knew my question was so dumb to have a 3 page posts

thanks to spoon and spacex

spoon and spacex motivated me enough to bring the machine to a stable version and the negative motivations by the remaining fellow members was a good factor too...

In the process learnt new things..

thank you debian users..

Code: Select all

$uname -a
Linux debian 4.3.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.3.3-5 (2016-01-04) i686 GNU/Linux
Ahh yes it was no fresh install managed to recover by spacex comment on trying to remove the unstable libraries..

Thanks to all of you