Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Programs Open with "Blacked Out" windows?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
kieron

Programs Open with "Blacked Out" windows?

#1 Post by kieron »

Hello Everyone,

Long story short, been using Debian for 2+ years. Recently did a Clean install of Jessie (which worked fine). I wanted to test out Ubuntu 14.04 so I distro hopped for a couple weeks. Now I'm back on Debian Jessie (did a clean install again).

Problem is: Everything works fine, but after the computer runs for a while (like 2+ hours) any new program windows that I open are completely blacked out. Just like opening a big square black tile. They are unusable until I restart the computer, then everything works fine again for another 2+ hours.

I've never had this problem before, not even with my previous clean installation of Jessie. This time I installed it in the same way that I did the last time.

I don't understand why this is happening? Could my video card be dying? Any Ideas / solutions?

please advise,
Kieron