Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Iceweasel content encoding errors (Mate 8.3 live)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
JDoe262

Iceweasel content encoding errors (Mate 8.3 live)

#1 Post by JDoe262 »

Hello,

Background :
Debian Mate Live 8.2 + Iceweasel 38.6 = no problem
Debian Mate Live 8.3 + Iceweasel 38.6 = problems as explained below

Details :
I have used Debian Live versions for a while now without any major problem. After switching from Mate Live 8.2 to Mate Live 8.3, I am almost unable to use Iceweasel due to the following problems :
- much slower browsing overall with regular timeouts (the page's layout or some ads often fail to load)
- random content encoding errors (the grey page similar to SSL related errors)
- random non-latin characters or strange strings (like ""q5"&2>html34") appearing along a page's content

Reloading the same page may (or not) fix the issue : it is random, sometimes it displays correctly (but still very slow) other times it gets worse.
Even when many encoding errors are displayed, if I check the page's source code then it appears to be clean.
I have not changed my usual settings and both the OS and Iceweasel are in vanilla state without any 3rd party add-on or package installed.
I doubt it is hardware related since switching back to 8.2 immediatly solves the issue. The 8.3 support seems ok too because I verified the md5 of all files with success.

Screenshots :
http://s29.postimg.org/nlkedy6ef/image.png (complete content seems corrupted)
http://s29.postimg.org/3poeyepd3/image.png (page layout seems missing)

I am a bit lost so any help will be greatly welcome, I will give more details and/or make tests upon request.