Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Chromium and thunar use different file associacions?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Barteks2x

Chromium and thunar use different file associacions?

#1 Post by Barteks2x »

For some time (I don't remember exactly how long/since when, maybe since I switched to i3 window manager?) I have the problem from title.
Chromium browser uses completely different programs to open files than file broswer (thunar). And most of the time thunar has associacions I want. For example thunar opens PDFs with iceweasel, and chromium opens them with GIMP (!), note that I have never changed this king of settings. Until I changed it today chromium also used Baobab (I didn't even know it existed before I saw it) to open directories ("show file in directory" for downloaded files).

I know how to change for a single file type (at least for broswer), but is there some way to set all file types to something sensible and keep both, broswer and thunar in sync without doing all of that manually? Or at least revert it all to default?

Debian version: latest "testing" version. (I use testing because I really need up to date versions of a lot of programs)