Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stopmotion or qstopmotion

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
marcetm

Stopmotion or qstopmotion

#1 Post by marcetm »

Hi all,

I want to start playing with video edition, nothing professional just to enjoy myself, I want to do a stop motion movie and I see that I have two choices stopmotion and qstopmotion, maybe there's much more but I don't investigate too much. What I would like to know is if anybody have ever used them and which one do you advice me to use. In qstopmotion website I could read:
qStopMotion is a fork of stopmotion for Linux. The main differences between stopmotion for Linux and qStopMotion are:

Run on Linux and Windows operating systems. And probably also on MacOS,
Redesigned user interface,
Minimized using of external tools and replace with Qt functionality,
No command line input from the user in the preferences menu.
Besides, it seems that the qstopmotion project has more development than the stopmotion. Anyway, I'm sure there's an user that can tell me which one should I use. Or maybe there's another package better than these.

Thanks

debiman

Re: Stopmotion or qstopmotion

#2 Post by debiman »

stopmotion is a very simple (*) gtk2-based program, that does exactly that:
creates a stop motion film from a series of images.
judging from its name, qstopmotion must be the qt version.

(*) it's very simple, and the main magic lies in the configuration of Video Export - it's just a command line for ffmpeg/avconv.

marcetm

Re: Stopmotion or qstopmotion

#3 Post by marcetm »

Thanks for your post debiman. Finally, I've installed both but I could only check qstopmotion out since stopmotion doesn't detect my webcam. So it looks like I have no choice... But if anybody knows any other software to do the same let me know.

Thank you