Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Power settings? (screen blanking no DE)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
everint

Power settings? (screen blanking no DE)

#1 Post by everint »

I am getting screen blanks, base install of Debian Jess, with NO DE. I repeat, there's no DE,its just a dev lab, that requires a shell. Regardless, I seem to be getting a screen turn off, is this power saver? or what?

everint

Re: Power settings? (screen blanking no DE)

#2 Post by everint »

Power settings. /etc/kdb/config has screen blanking

debiman

#3 Post by debiman »

i guess you mean /etc/kbd/config?

it could also be systemd. try adjusting the settings in /etc/systemd/logind.conf

Romane

#4 Post by Romane »

everint wrote:I am getting screen blanks, base install of Debian Jess, with NO DE. I repeat, there's no DE,its just a dev lab, that requires a shell. Regardless, I seem to be getting a screen turn off, is this power saver? or what?
Query - have you connected the monitor with a HDMI cable. If the answer is yes, replace the cable. If the answer is no... (Romane scratches head)

Reason asking - had a monitor blanking for a few seconds. Got bad enough that beastie was unusable. Shifted in another monitor, same problem. Replacing HDMI cable completely solved the problem

Romane