Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Support for libstdc++.so.6.0.21 or higher on Jessie?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
HydraGene

Support for libstdc++.so.6.0.21 or higher on Jessie?

#1 Post by HydraGene »

So I have some issue running software. CloakCoin v2 needs libstdc++.so.6.0.21 or higher. Debian Jessie comes only with libstdc++.so.6.0.20.

I tried getting the file from Stretch, which is 6.0.22. I copied it to the right directory, and created a new symlink to it. The system continues running fine.

The software now tells me:

Code: Select all

/opt/Cloakcoin/cloakcoin-qt: symbol lookup error: /opt/Cloakcoin/cloakcoin-qt: undefined symbol: _ZNK18QAbstractListModel7siblingEiiRK11QModeIndex
Is this a solvable issue? Can anyone help me get CloakCoin v2 running? Upgrading to the Stretch version via apt-get or Synaptic requires me to upgrade the whole system to Stretch, which is not what I want..

I'll revert the libstdc++ version if there is nothing we can do about this..

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Support for libstdc++.so.6.0.21 or higher on Jessie?

#2 Post by sunrat »

You may incur a world of pain changing core files such as this one. If you need to run software that needs the Stretch version, then do the full upgrade to Stretch.
https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian/
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!