Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with libperls.. Debian 8.7

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bookie

Problem with libperls.. Debian 8.7

#1 Post by bookie »

Hi guys!
Please don't jump down my throat...this is a clonezilla problem but Steven is always busy and doesn't respond that quickly...

I thought because of the nature of the problem someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

I have a server that I use clonezilla on...at the moment it is Debian 8.7 xfce and I would like to keep it that way because Debian is more stable than other distros...

In order to have clonezilla server on Debian you use drbl....After the installation of drbl there are two setup parameters that get your computer ready to be a clonezilla server...

When running the last of the setup parameters:

Code: Select all

$ sudo /usr/sbin/drblpush -i
I get an error that causes a great deal of problems with perl:

Code: Select all

Running: chroot /tftpboot/node_root /usr/sbin/update-rc.d firstboot defaults
/usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so.5.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The above is only one of a whole bunch of libperl.so.5.20 "errors"

If I look in /usr/bin/ there are two perl run files "Perl" and Perl5.20.2...but there is no mention of libperl.so.5.20?

If I look in /usr/lib I can find a Perl5 directory...nothing in it but no sign of libperl.so.5.20

Has anyone any ideas as how to fix this?

bookie

P.S.
I can find libperl.so.5.20 and libperl.so.5.20.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/...

stevepusser

Re: Problem with libperls.. Debian 8.7

#2 Post by stevepusser »

I don't think it cares about what you have on your system; it's trying to start a chroot from scratch, which is sort of a virtual machine, and it can't find the library in the chroot. At least that's my guess.
MX Linux packager and developer

bookie

#3 Post by bookie »

Have you any idea how I would go about fixing that?

bookie

millpond

#4 Post by millpond »

The file is at
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libperl.so.5.20.2

You might need to symlink it it to your chrooted /lib dir

bookie

#5 Post by bookie »

Thanks for the info!

bookie