Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Update broke caja

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
VentGrey

Update broke caja

#1 Post by VentGrey »

Today an update was pushed I think it was cryptsetup 2:1.7.3-4:amd64, now Caja (The MATE desktop file manager) is dead, it does not initialize whatsoever, and trying to remove it just kills some important system parts, is anyone else experiencing this issue? :shock:
I would exchange everything I know in exchange for half of what I don't.

orythem27

Re: Update broke caja

#2 Post by orythem27 »

VentGrey wrote: cryptsetup 2:1.7.3-4:amd64, now Caja (The MATE desktop file manager) is dead, it does not initialize whatsoever,
Debian stretch? I also have libcryptsetup4 and Caja installed. libcryptsetup4 was updated to 2:1.7.3-4 in May 17, and Caja has been working fine for me.

Try running caja in a terminal to capture the output. Or you could describe "does not initialize" with more details.

VentGrey

#3 Post by VentGrey »

I've already tried it, just got a blinking cursor and returned to the shell, no output shows up
:?

VentGrey

#4 Post by VentGrey »

Oh darn, i made a mistake!

The correct libs are these

Code: Select all

Upgrade: libgcrypt20:amd64 (1.7.6-1, 1.7.6-2), libgcrypt20:i386 (1.7.6-1, 1.7.6-2)