Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can not Quit Cinnamon

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Andrew Lohmann

Can not Quit Cinnamon

#1 Post by Andrew Lohmann »

My PC is Samsung R50, Cinnamon 8.8, 32 bit.

When I select Quit or push the power off the computer goes to standby mode although i have the button configured to power off. The power button returns me to a login screen, login is the only thing I can do because power off returns me to the login, login returns me to the desktop. Holding the power button down is my only power off route.

Debian 8.7 had a similar problem with this PC but in that cause pressing the power button brought me out of suspend and would allow me to properly power off. At the moment I also have Mint Cinnamon, which is fine, on the computer because I do not anticipate Debian to keep running and being powered off this way indefinitely - but this desktop and Debian are particularly fast and very nice on this computer so I do not want to give up with those. The graphics hardware is well suited to Cinnamon compared to other computers.