Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't install Debian 9 (SOLVED)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Moltke

Can't install Debian 9 (SOLVED)

#1 Post by Moltke »

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! Need some help here, I'm trying to install Debian 9 in virtualbox but the installer assistant returns an error about "this not a debian cd" or something like that, which is curious cause I'm writing from the live version and it works fine, so I don't know what's going on. Has anyone run into this problem too? I think maybe I should download it again but if someone knows of a fix. Thanks in advance for your answers. :D
Last edited by Moltke on 2017-06-20 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

Dai_trying

Re: Can't install Debian 9

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

There have been a few posts recently for this problem, it would appear there is a bug in the installer of the live-cd images which is currently being worked on and will hopefully get fixed sometime soon. Best advice is to use the live-cd to check everything works ok and then install using the netinst iso image.

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

Moltke wrote:Has anyone run into this problem too?
A bunch of folks. Consult any of those existing threads for more detail. And next time, maybe at least check to see if others have quite recently posted a similar (or in this case, identical) problem before creating another thread on the exact same issue.

Moltke

#4 Post by Moltke »

dasein wrote:
Moltke wrote:Has anyone run into this problem too?
A bunch of folks. Consult any of those existing threads for more detail. And next time, maybe at least check to see if others have quite recently posted a similar (or in this case, identical) problem before creating another thread on the exact same issue.
I did check the forum and I found some post talking about "getting a black screen": http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=122661
Since my problem is quite different I decided to post. Well, thanks for your answers. Guess I'll wait till this is solved.

phenest

#5 Post by phenest »

Moltke wrote:Guess I'll wait till this is solved.
Does that mean you've reported it as a bug?
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Dai_trying

#6 Post by Dai_trying »

It has already been reported and is being worked on...

dasein

#7 Post by dasein »

Moltke wrote:I did check the forum...
Uh-huh. Surrrrrrrrre you did. You just "accidentally overlooked" the half-dozen or so identical threads started in the last two days.

(I need new facepalms)

Moltke

#8 Post by Moltke »

dasein wrote:
Moltke wrote:I did check the forum...
Uh-huh. Surrrrrrrrre you did. You just "accidentally overlooked" the half-dozen or so identical threads started in the last two days.

(I need new facepalms)
"Accidentally overlooked" So you do that yourself a lot? I don't know why people can simply help just for the sake of it, no no, they have to praise themselves like they know everything. Well, I did my search, didn't find what I was looking for so I just asked for help. So thanks Dai_trying for your help and have a very nice day. :D
And phenest no I didn't. Don't know how to. How do I do that? Sorry, I'm not entirely new to Debian/Linux but there's a lot of stuff I still don't know how to do.