Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian9 installed three intput tools?Can't auto running Gcin

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
joehk

Debian9 installed three intput tools?Can't auto running Gcin

#1 Post by joehk »

Hi ,

The debian 8 haven't installed any input tool. Just user install they want input tool but Debian 9 installed three input tools ( IBUS , Fcitx , Scim ). I don't need this three input tools and i installed gcin input tool after log out restart the xserver can't auto running ,. fortunately the debian 8 not problem.

orythem27

Re: Debian9 installed three intput tools?Can't auto running

#2 Post by orythem27 »

joehk wrote:but Debian 9 installed three input tools ( IBUS , Fcitx , Scim
So you mean that after a fresh installation of Debian 9, IBus, Fcitx and SCIM are all installed? I doubt it. If you chose GNOME and east asian languages during installation then IBus should be automatically installed, not the other two.
joehk wrote:and i installed gcin input tool after log out restart the xserver can't auto running
First step is to make sure you have gcin-*-immodule installed. Then select gcin as the default input method in im-config. If you are using GNOME then maybe other tweak is needed since IBus has a fairly tight intergration with GNOME.

joehk

Re: Debian9 installed three intput tools?Can't auto running

#3 Post by joehk »

orythem27 wrote:
joehk wrote:but Debian 9 installed three input tools ( IBUS , Fcitx , Scim
So you mean that after a fresh installation of Debian 9, IBus, Fcitx and SCIM are all installed? I doubt it. If you chose GNOME and east asian languages during installation then IBus should be automatically installed, not the other two.
joehk wrote:and i installed gcin input tool after log out restart the xserver can't auto running
First step is to make sure you have gcin-*-immodule installed. Then select gcin as the default input method in im-config. If you are using GNOME then maybe other tweak is needed since IBus has a fairly tight intergration with GNOME.

I haven't fully installed debian 9 on my pc i use is live to tested but i saw this problem have three input tools and i use xfce