Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Running multiple instances of a systemd service

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Huecuva

Running multiple instances of a systemd service

#1 Post by Huecuva »

Hi.

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to run multiple instances of a single systemd service (ie: MPD) on startup. What I'm trying to do is have multiple MPD services running with their own .conf files, all connected to icecast and, ideally, people should be able to connect to a different one depending on the port number used to connect. I have found a few tutorials on how to set up multiple MPD instances, so I know it can be done, but they're all pretty vague on the details. They simply go into making more than one .conf file and don't say much about how to make them all start on system boot.

Would I need to put in more than one ExecStart line in the .service file referencing each .conf file or do I need more than one .service file? How would you go about this?

Thanks.

Huecuva

Re: Running multiple instances of a systemd service

#3 Post by Huecuva »

Well, thanks for that, at least. I'll give it a closer look when I have some time this weekend.