Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Screwed Up init.d

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
sontung

Screwed Up init.d

#1 Post by sontung »

Dolls by means of a teenage women having a large sweater along with best skateboard for beginners teenage boy in shorts can be created with miniature brooms. The broomstraws end up being the dolls hair. Complete instructions receive.

(Note: Use thick craft glue to connect felt and construction paper pieces together. Use glue gun for anything else Use photo being an set up guide. Squeeze small quantities of paint onto paper plate when needed. Let paint dry before proceeding to a different color.

For mind, use flat paintbrush to color front and side edges of wooden spoon with flesh let dry. For every eye, dip handle finish of paintbrush into black paint touch brush handle to wide finish of spoon. Use liner brush and black paint to color nose, mouth, and eyebrows. For cheekbones, mix neon pink with white-colored to really make it. neon pink paint cheekbones. Let dry.

To put together figure, see Fig. 1. Place broom, bristles up, on work surface. For arms, center and glue 7" period of chenille stem to back of broom where broom bristles and take care of meet. Bend arms around both sides of broom glue arms to sides of broom to secure.

For body, make use of a generous quantity of glue to connect body to front of broom handle, covering center of arms.

For legs, use sandpaper or file to slightly flatten one finish of every craft stick. Glue one craft stick, rounded finish up, to left side of body on the top of broom handle to ensure that surface of leg is despite bottom of body. Ensuring bottom of legs are, glue right leg to back of broom handle in the same manner.

For every skate, glue one oblong to bottom of every leg to ensure that flat section of leg reaches one finish of skate and toes point forward. Paint legs and skates with black.

Cut sweater, headband, and boom box patterns from Pattern Section, cutting along dashed lines for boom box. Use sweater and headband patterns to chop materials as indicated. Set boom box pattern aside.

Using sweater pattern like a guide, use black marker to attract wavy lines at finish of every sleeve and along hem line on sweater back and front. Place one sweater piece, right side lower, on work surface. Spread an ample quantity of glue on back of broom handle center handle on sweater back and press into position. Position arms to ensure that one arm is centered along period of each sleeve glue arms to center of sleeves. Departing hem, neck, and bottom of sleeves open, glue outdoors edges of sweater front to sweater back.

For every hands, bend finish of every chenille arm upward use wire cutters to trim excess stem, departing singleOr4" lengthy hands extending beyond fringe of sleeve. Use neon pink to color a wavy line across neckline and also to paint three buttons, evenly spaced, lower center front of sweater.

For wheels, paint front, back, and edges of every wooden circle with neon pink. For wheel hub, use black to color a us dot in center of every wheel somewhere let dry. With wheel hubs out, vertically glue one set of wheels to bottom front of 1 skate and something set of wheels to bottom back of skate. Repeat for second skate.
For hair, cut several bristles from back of mind. With bottom edges even, glue bristles vertically across top front of mind trim ends when needed. Glue headband across surface of mind to ensure that top fringe of headband is despite bottom of bristles. Use neon pink to color a wavy horizontal line across bottom and top edges of headband.

For hair bows, cut neon eco-friendly ribbon into two 5" lengths. Gather a little bundle of bristles together at left side of hair. Wrap ribbon around bundle tie ribbon ends right into a two-loop bow with 1/2" loops and 1/2" tails. Cut ribbon ends in a slant. Repeat for opposite side of hair. what size skateboard should i get

For boom box, use pattern to chop two boom box pieces from this. pink construction paper set one piece aside for back. For loudspeakers, use boom box pattern as helpful tips for trace one speaker onto tracing paper. Eliminate circle. Use speaker pattern to chop two loudspeakers from black construction paper. Use thick craft glue to connect loudspeakers, evenly spaced, across front of boom box. Using pattern like a guide and black marker, draw buttons, tuner, and tape cassette onto boom box.

For boom box handle, place boom box back on work surface. Cut a coupleInch length from string or floss place ends of string or floss 1" apart at top fringe of boom box. With right side up, glue boom box front onto boom box back, sandwiching handle ends inside. Let dry. Hang boom box on right hands.

For necklace, string beads on remaining 10" period of string or floss. Wrap necklace around neck and tie ends together within an overhand knot.

Skateboard Mike

For mind and legs, paint front and side edges of spoon and front, back, and side edges of standard craft sticks with flesh let dry. For cheekbones, mix a tiny bit of neon orange and white-colored together, which makes it. neon orange paint cheekbones. For mouth, use black to color a curved mouth centered below cheekbones.

Working in the same manner as Rosie: glue mind, arms, and legs to body for ft, glue one wooden oblong to bottom of every leg, except have both ft slightly pointing to left.

Cut shirt, shorts, shoe, skateboard, shades, and headband patterns from Pattern Section use patterns to chop materials as indicated. Set skateboard pattern aside. In the same manner as Rosie's sweater, glue shorts to bottom of body and shirt to top. Shape arms as preferred. Cut bristles from back of broom and canopy surface of mind in the same manner as Rosie. Glue headband across surface of mind. Glue shades below headband.

Use neon orange to color the next: two diagonal stripes on right leg of shorts a horizontal wavy line across headband and dots on shirt front. Let dry. Turn figure over. Use neon orange to color dots on back of blouse let dry.

To color footwear, use pattern like a guide. For just one shoe, place two shoe pieces flat on work surface with toes together. Paint large circles and eyelets with neon pink. For shoelaces, use black to color a vertical wavy line lower both sides of shoe. Repeat for second shoe. Let dry. To connect footwear to ft, see Fig. 2. With colored sides facing out, place two shoe pieces together around bottom of leg. Glue shoe pieces together at back and front edges, departing top front of shoe slightly open.

For skateboard, place skateboard pattern on jumbo craft stick to rounded finish of pattern matching rounded finish of craft stick. Use pencil to attract a line across craft stick at straight finish of pattern. Use saw or utility knife to chop rounded finish from stick. Sand or file cut edge smooth.

Paint front, back, and sides of skateboard with white-colored. Using pattern like a guide, paint a eco-friendly, pink, and orange stripe diagonally across front and sides of board.

For wheels, paint wooden circles with black. For wheel hubs, paint circle in center of every wheel somewhere with neon orange. With wheel hubs out, vertically glue one set of wheels to bottom front of skateboard to ensure that wheels are 5/8", apart and front edges of wheels are 1/2" from rounded fringe of skateboard. In the same manner, glue another set of wheels to back of skateboard to ensure that back edges of wheels are 5/8" apart and " from back fringe of skateboard. Paint over any uncovered glue with appropriate colour of paint let dry. what size skateboard should i get

Utilizing a generous quantity of glue, center and glue figure to skateboard.
Last edited by sontung on 2017-07-27 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Thorny

Re: Screwed Up init.d

#2 Post by Thorny »

sontung wrote:I'm new to Debian and long story short, I appear to have screwed up my init.d file on my Debian computer.

The file no longer exists and I can't do a lot of things, such as accessing the internet or any USBs I plug in.

Any idea how I am to fix this without reinstalling my system?
You have made the "long story" so short that there is no useful diagnostic information. You didn't even mention which version of Debian you have installed.

There wasn't an "init.d file" on your system to begin with. There could have been an init.d directory (folder) but if that is what you mean, we can have no idea of what you mean by having "screwed" it up. What were you trying to do and how exactly did you do it. What commands did you use and what was the result of those commands. The only chance of reversing mistakes is having some idea of what those mistakes were. And, some mistakes are more trouble to "reverse" than others.

My initial guess is that the quickest way for you to get a working system would be to reinstall.

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

sontung wrote:Any idea how I am to fix this without reinstalling my system?
It's unclear exactly why you are precluding reinstall as a candidate solution.

If you have /home on a separate partition, then your personal files are safe (so long as you don't do something stupid like format that partition during the reinstall).

OTOH, if you don't have /home on a separate partition, then your question implies lack of a recent backup (which is even stupider). Right this instant would be the ideal time to correct that error.

I mean, yeah, you could spend time and effort fixing a problem that is unlikely ever to recur. But as Thorny correctly points out, reinstall is probably your quickest and easiest path to a working rig.

Caitlin

#4 Post by Caitlin »

/etc/init.d is a directory containing (on my system) 24 files. If you're sure that the ONLY problem is that this directory is missing, and you are on Debian 9 (Stretch), you could give me your e-mail address and I could send you a .zip file containing them.

But there could be other problems as well. I, too, suggest a clean reinstall.

Since you are new to Debian, I suppose you do not have a lot of important information in your home partition to lose. (But of course only you can answer that.) So if root and home are combined, maybe you can just get away with wiping the whole thing.

My advice is to back up your root partition 3 working hours into your next install attempt. That way, if you mess up again, you can restore and just take it forward from there. (I recommend Clonezilla with an external terabyte-or-greater hard drive.)

Caitlin

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

The file no longer exists and I can't do a lot of things, such as accessing the internet or any USBs I plug in.
How do you know this ? maybe you are looking in the wrong places, or it has simply
become hidden.
When I "lose" a directory, or file/files, it never is a big deal, I just get what is missing from
my most recent back up.
Then there all ways is this method:
I lost my init.d directory
First hit shows quite a few ways to solve this.
https://serverfault.com/questions/33268 ... recover-it
And if someone is willing to e-mail you a copy, that would work as well.