Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

exportfs issue

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
sreilly

exportfs issue

#1 Post by sreilly »

Hi,

I have a number of Debian 8 servers and recently upgraded a couple to Debian 9.
After a few days I noticed that automount wasn't working as expected on mounts to a Deb 9 server that was working prior to the upgrade, but only to an exported BTRFS drive. The EXT4 drive on the same server was accessible from automount. Both were using the same export parameters (rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check).
After much pulling of hair, un/reinstalling nfs-common, nfs-kernel-server, autofs and anything else I could think of I discovered that adding "insecure" to the BTRFS drive export parameter allowed automount (and indeed NFS mount) access from other machines.
Has anyone else seen this issue or can tell me the reason it has changed, or can anyone tell me the repercussions of setting the insecure option.

Thanks,

Steve