Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Where is partman "static files of boot loader" cfg stored?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Hypex

Where is partman "static files of boot loader" cfg stored?

#1 Post by Hypex »

Hi guys. I'll try and explain this in a clear manner. In the Debian installer, once partman is up running, and you select to mount a partition, one of the selections is for "/boot - static files of the boot loader". Where does it store the mount point and associated text?

I'm customising an installer and wish to change the "/boot" mount point. Replacing the original point with my own or removing it and adding my own would be fine. But how can I do this?

I booted into my present custom installer, went through to partman, so it was all loaded, then dropped to a shell. But I could not find any file any where with that text description. I checked contents of/etc, /lib and all binaries. That may sound like a hard way around it but I searched the net and nothing exact come back. Hardly anything for Debian installer came back and not what I wanted.

I've customised partman settings before where it stored them in /etc and this was easy enough to find but this boot config setting eludes me.

I suspect this is probably a debconf thing. That partman has registered all its stuff. But somehow it's only in memory. And not stored in a file in the initramfs. If it's in one of the partman packages I'd like to know but so far I haven't found it in any and I'd rather not stab in the dark. I'm at a loss. :-?