Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Anyone familiar with UNet bootin? Need help ASAP.

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Idonotknow

Anyone familiar with UNet bootin? Need help ASAP.

#1 Post by Idonotknow »

I've been trying to boot an iso file from my usb, but whenever I try searching for it in my file system via UNet bootin, it won't let me switch out of the root directory. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

stevepusser

Re: Anyone familiar with UNet bootin? Need help ASAP.

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Yes, but the program is still under development, and all those links are rather old. Maybe they've fixed the problems in the meantime--we can still keep testing it. The release last week when I built it for the MX Linux repo was 655.

The package I did allows me to browse my whole disk: mx15 versions are Jessie-compatible, mx17 are for Stretch: http://mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/pool/test/u/unetbootin/
MX Linux packager and developer

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

Thanks for the update on that,

Idonotknow

#5 Post by Idonotknow »

In that case, I will definitely find an alternative to UNet bootin. Thank you both for the help!

Segfault

#6 Post by Segfault »

kujirasan

#7 Post by kujirasan »

I installed on stretch and works like charm, download a .deb and install https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/unetbootin,
you must install syslinux as well, I suggest to install syslinux first, then unetbootin. Run the program it may ask you for further libraries depending on your system, just install the required packages! This is for wheezy but it works well on Stretch, Debian and the crew have removed it from Stretch so you need to install most of the dependency, you must mount your USB the best way is to install Gnome Disk Utility , it is called Disk as well, it is in Synaptic, and is called gnome-disk-utility, install it and mount
you USB first, otherwise you get into frustrating error as Debian crowd have taken the uboot out.