Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Upgrade to stretch Akonadi loses backend configuration

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
highContrast

Upgrade to stretch Akonadi loses backend configuration

#1 Post by highContrast »

Hi All

I just upgraded my installation from Jessie (KDE) to Stretch.
On Jessie Akonadi was configured to use postgresql as a backend. I thought i removed everything related to mysql some months ago, but akonadi failed to start after the upgrade.

Code: Select all

root@debianpc:~# akonadiprivate_log: search paths:  ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
Found mysql_install_db:  "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db"
Found mysqlcheck:  "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
Using mysqld: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
mysqld reports version 5.5.57 (Oracle MySQL)
Executing:  "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db" "--defaults-file=/etc/xdg/akonadi/mysql-global.conf --datadir=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/"
Neither host 'debianpc' nor 'localhost' could be looked up with
/usr/bin/resolveip
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct
hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script
with the --force option
Executing: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi" "--defaults-file=/root/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --datadir=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/tmp/akonadi-root.vFlMlE/mysql.socket"
Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
arguments: ("--defaults-file=/root/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-root.vFlMlE/mysql.socket")
stdout: ""
stderr: "170830 12:27:52 [Warning] Insecure configuration for --secure-file-priv: Current value does not restrict location of generated files. Consider setting it to a valid, non-empty path.\n170830 12:27:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.57-0+deb8u1) starting as process 8890 ...\n170830 12:27:52 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read \"Security\" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld as root!\n\n170830 12:27:52 [ERROR] Aborting\n\n170830 12:27:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete\n\n"
exit code: 1
process error: "Unknown error"

I checked ~/.kde/share/config and I could not find akonadi-serverrc instead I found:
  • akonadi_folderarchive_agentrc
    akonadi_akonotes_resource_0rc
    akonadi_contactrc
    akonadi-firstrunrc
    akonadi_ical_resource_0rc
    akonadi_maildir_resource_0rc
    akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc
    akonadi-migrationrc
    akonadi_newmailnotifier_agentrc
    akonadi_notes_agentrc
    akonadi_pop3_resource_0rc
    akonadi_pop3_resource_1rc
    akonadi_pop3_resource_2rc
    akonadi_pop3_resource_6rc
I am wondering whether I can recreate akonadi-serverrc manually, I could not find it anywhere? Does it still exist with the newer Akonadi? What should I do with all the other configuration files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

highContrast

Re: Upgrade to stretch Akonadi loses backend configuration

#2 Post by highContrast »

Update:
the configuration files I listed before do not matter. I was checking ~/.kde/share/config/ but I was wrong, Akonadi config is in ~/.config/akonadi/
There I found the akonadiserverrc which is correct, the database driver is QPSQL
So. At this point I really can't understand why Akonadi tries to create a database in mysql
This is the content of the configuration file:

Code: Select all

[Debug]
Tracer=null

[%General]
Driver=QPSQL

[QPSQL]
Host=/run/postgresql/
InitDbPath=
Name=akonadi
Options=
Password=$MY_CORRECT_PASSWORD
Port=5432
ServerPath=/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin/postgres
StartServer=false
User=$MY_CORRECT_USER

highContrast

Re: Upgrade to stretch Akonadi loses backend configuration

#3 Post by highContrast »

I found the issue. The log messages involving mysql were cause by my mistake, I run akonadictl from the root user and akonadi was not loading the user configuration which is in the home dir.
Later I executed akonadictl from the user and I found that it wasn't able to load the driver, with a search on the internet I found that I had to install another library with a different client for postgresql.
I solved by installing libqt5sql5-psql
Before I was using libqt4sql-psql