Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

RAM or memeory optimization

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
giabinh

RAM or memeory optimization

#1 Post by giabinh »

FIRST TIME'S A DOOZIE

This really is frequently frequently my bad side. Personally for normal skateboarders, it's generally what size skateboard do i need. My left wrist plagued me for the entire filming of Mind Field. I had been inside the clean run for some time i used to be psyched to skate. During this alleyway by Supreme you will find these ledges, i really could to nollie back tail inside the finish inside the line. Rather of entering nollie back tail, I acquired into nollie back lip all of a sudden. I travelled back, which was the very first fracture within my wrist. It had been nothing in comparison to what adopted.

SECOND TIME'S A BITCH

The 2nd break within the wrist I won't discuss much, but I'll say I'll never slappy bluntslide something again. I had been in Akron, Ohio, with Arto i really could to slappy bluntslide a bigger bank and travelled out. I saw there's within my footwear i examined furthermore, it it had been like, "We have to go to a medical facility at this time.In . Arto proven throughout my hospital room, i requested him if he viewed the footage and hubby just stated, "You shouldn't, ever watch that." The wrist broke completely by 50 %.

THIRD TIME'S A CHARM

The Following break was inside the miniramp in New You are able to, and I'll never touch a miniramp again. Frontside 5- tucked out i looked lower and my arm was an L-shape. I had been so angry within the hospital bills I'd collected with regards to this wrist that individuals put my arm between my knees i sprang it in. I declined to visit the physician for virtually any couple of days and my arm switched an crazy color. Folks are usually hospital bills I did not pay.

A STITCH Before Extended

I've would be a stitches scar within my left middle finger and i'm unsure what it is from. I'd need to ask my mother. It is a rugged scar too.

I Do Not Foot BUT MAYBE

I realize I've damaged toes. Unsure when, where or the way they happened.

WORST FIVE-DOLLAR BET EVER

I'd a 5-dollar bet with Gino on who could backside 360 the Hubba Hideout steps first. It absolutely was like 1996, and 360s were not as popular because they are now nobody really did them. So, I tore my ACL inside the five-dollar bet. Even today, this really is frequently really the worst discomfort I have ever felt.

CENTER

Mind Madness

I have hit my ideas plenty of occasions that individuals don't remember how everything happened. I have been hitting my ideas and having stitches remember. My grandmother might be a nurse, so she'd drive them of best skateboards to buy. I'm unsure who'd insert them in. I have knocked myself out plenty of occasions it's insane. Inside the knocking myself out like a child and tossing up and someone ongoing to help keep me awake.

I had been skating with Gino Iannucci at Huntington School once i knocked myself completely unconscious. Gino has it on film somewhere.

FULL FACIAL

There is a pavement boost the road after i had just began skating. I'm able to to rocket air employing this i automobile for that neighbor lady. It had been my second full-blown knockout, and my face was completely crawled off. Lip, nose, eyebrow, face, everything. In situation you watch my part within your ideas Field, immediately after I slappy grind a red pole, Greg Search flashes a picture inside the Polaroid of my face from that slam. You will observe it in super-slow motion and uncover my face all smashed up. I am bummed I lost that Polaroid within the make room time.

SACK ATTACK

Another before long Huntington, I ollied and, you almost certainly understand how kids obtain board between their legs striking their balls? Not just did I truly do this, however demonstrated up in this region to obtain perfectly pitched on the top of my board just like a scarecrow. I'd a totally crimson ball sack and in addition it ongoing to get crimson greater than each week.

Once I'll be a youthful child, I broke my arm inside the slide at Huntington Beach Central Park. I have two pins within my arm along with a gigantic scar from that.

CRISCO KID

I'd eight stitches within my hands within the Crisco can after i was cooking like a kid. Unsure why I had been cooking at this type of youthful age, however was. Crisco cans was once sketchy. You acquainted with withdraw the lid there's, like, a razor that will slice directly into you.

Unique FINGER BREAK

Inside the some time within my existence skating when I'd hurt myself and I'd complete like, "Yes! I am not going to need to skate and i am getting Vicodin." Once I had been up at Cal Condition and attempted to backside nosegrind over that gap that drops lower. I'm able to to backside nosegrind in relation to this thinking I am able to totally make a move. I fell within the nosegrind, dropped using this mind-high factor, and my finger within the crack in your yard. The physician described he'd never observed a finger break similar to this before. I have was numerous doctors condition that personally. I broke to summarize of my pinky finger along with middle.

DON'T LAUGH

Once I had been skating the swimming pool by Poor with Anthony Van Engelen and Greg Search. It's among individuals pools including plenty of dust. I used to be overall i used to be like, "If possibly to accomplish another how to know what size skateboard to get. I visited rock 'n' roll within the deep finish, once i returned in Knowledgeable about perform backside 270 in and whipped out. My right arm ongoing to get inside the tranny i hit my face on the floor. I had been like, "Don't laugh at me after i awaken.In . I am able to offer the powder throughout my face i understood there's. I order up, and Greg and Anthony just began dying laughing. I Then needed my shirt off and my shoulder was dislocated.
Last edited by giabinh on 2017-09-13 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

debiman

Re: RAM or memeory optimization

#2 Post by debiman »

not exactly sure what you mean.
sure, linux (i.e. the kernel) takes care of these things, and in 99% of all cases you do not need to change anything.
swap should be 1:1 with physical memory, and make sure it's active (this all happens automatically during install).
why do you think you need to change this?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

Do you think you need something like this?

Why?

How much RAM do you have?

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Hallvor »

[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

TonyT

#5 Post by TonyT »

Also, there's no point in conserving RAM today. RAM is for use! That's why we have it.
I have not seen one of my swap partitions used since my original server; Debian Woody on a 333 Celeron with 128MB RAM.
Newer computers seem to have more than enough RAM for any Debian version.

Bulkley

#6 Post by Bulkley »

Look up Swappiness. Back when computers had a lot less memory swappiness could be a useful adjustment. Now most computers have so much memory that tweaking swappiness is pointless.