Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Two instances of Steam in-home streaming on one PC

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Aquaboy11

Two instances of Steam in-home streaming on one PC

#1 Post by Aquaboy11 »

I'm building a headless Steam gameserver which utilises Steam in-home streaming to let two people play at the same time. The multiseat part of the setup is done and functional, but there are two issues left I can't seem to figure out myself.

The biggest one: only one Steam client can enable in-home streaming at a time. This is most likely due to using the same ports and IP address. Is there a way to bind each user to their own IP address? (the machine itself already had 3 IPs on a single interface)

The second issue would be getting the system to use the GPUs without a monitor connected. The easiest way to achieve this would be to use HDMI dummy plugs which simulate a display. But as to my knowledge Linux should be capable of simulating displays. Is this correct, and if so, how would I achieve this?

Most important parts:
Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3-rev-10
Ryzen 7 1700
2x AMD Radeon RX 550