Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

disabling SSL compression Debian7 OpenSSL

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
debianjohn

disabling SSL compression Debian7 OpenSSL

#1 Post by debianjohn »

running Debian7 with server application which can't be run on Debian8, I have a probem with OpenSSL. Under Debian7 OpenSSL runs with compression and that should be avoided. Under Debian8 SSL compression is a no-go. OpenSSL package is installed via apt.
Now I got 2 questions:
How can I disable SSL compression in Debian7 ? This would be my preferred methode.
If that is not possible, any advise in regards to installing OpenSSL from Debian8 into Debian7 ?

As Debian is still quite new to me, any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: disabling SSL compression Debian7 OpenSSL

#2 Post by steve_v »

Disable SSL compression for a webserver (which one, apache?) or globally?
Assuming the latter, try the SSLCompression apache option (not sure if the version in wheezy supports this though). Alternatively, the OPENSSL_NO_DEFAULT_ZLIB environment variable may be of interest.

You should really look at upgrading this "web application" of yours to run on a more modern release though, LTS support for Wheezy ends 31st May 2018.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.