Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

( solved ) Boinc and GPU use ?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
davidvt

( solved ) Boinc and GPU use ?

#1 Post by davidvt »

i have a Quest ?

don't wana use ubuntu because i like debian realy now after 2 years working on i like this linux.
only thing i have problem with is a'm helping on some BIONC project's a'm not a wiz kid but i wana make use of my RX480 GPU in debian, gaming works good (amd-firmware) , but boinc need that AMD-GPU pack of the site off AMD.

any how i get this thing running, or will be using CPU power here in debian, maybe go for a treaddripper setup ?

Thanks
Last edited by davidvt on 2017-11-20 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Boinc and GPU use ?

#2 Post by steve_v »

What, you want spoon feeding? A step-by-step tutorial? Sheesh.
If you have opencl working with your GPU driver, it should be as simple as installing the boinc-client-opencl metapackage.

What have you tried to get this working, what drivers do you have installed, and what error messages do you get from BOINC?
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

davidvt

Re: Boinc and GPU use ?

#3 Post by davidvt »

steve_v wrote:What, you want spoon feeding? A step-by-step tutorial? Sheesh.
If you have opencl working with your GPU driver, it should be as simple as installing the boinc-client-opencl metapackage.

What have you tried to get this working, what drivers do you have installed, and what error messages do you get from BOINC?
realy thank you a lot, your tip made it work needed only this one ( boinc-client-opencl ) form the [contrib] repo's..................
Realy thank you !!