( solved ) Boinc and GPU use ?

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

( solved ) Boinc and GPU use ?

Postby davidvt » 2017-11-19 21:58

i have a Quest ?

don't wana use ubuntu because i like debian realy now after 2 years working on i like this linux.
only thing i have problem with is a'm helping on some BIONC project's a'm not a wiz kid but i wana make use of my RX480 GPU in debian, gaming works good (amd-firmware) , but boinc need that AMD-GPU pack of the site off AMD.

any how i get this thing running, or will be using CPU power here in debian, maybe go for a treaddripper setup ?

Thanks
Last edited by davidvt on 2017-11-20 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
davidvt

Re: Boinc and GPU use ?

Postby steve_v » 2017-11-20 03:25

What, you want spoon feeding? A step-by-step tutorial? Sheesh.
If you have opencl working with your GPU driver, it should be as simple as installing the boinc-client-opencl metapackage.

What have you tried to get this working, what drivers do you have installed, and what error messages do you get from BOINC?
steve_v

Re: Boinc and GPU use ?

Postby davidvt » 2017-11-20 09:22

steve_v wrote:What, you want spoon feeding? A step-by-step tutorial? Sheesh.
If you have opencl working with your GPU driver, it should be as simple as installing the boinc-client-opencl metapackage.

What have you tried to get this working, what drivers do you have installed, and what error messages do you get from BOINC?

realy thank you a lot, your tip made it work needed only this one ( boinc-client-opencl ) form the [contrib] repo's..................
Realy thank you !!
davidvt

Return to General Questions