Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Optimising battery life on my netbook

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Ardouos

Re: Optimising battery life on my netbook

#16 Post by Ardouos »

steve_v wrote: Nothing wrong with playing about with operating systems. Nothing wrong with not playing about with operating systems either though.
Until it is a production server. :lol:
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

DebbyIan

#17 Post by DebbyIan »

4.13 already brings considerable improvements to battery life. My times went through the roof. Though there is plenty of low hanging fruit that can be picked in your distro to optimise battery times.

bw123

#18 Post by bw123 »

DebbyIan wrote:4.13 already brings considerable improvements to battery life. My times went through the roof. Though there is plenty of low hanging fruit that can be picked in your distro to optimise battery times.
Wow, you're right. I finally set up laptop-mode-tools up on this 4.13 kernel with kde plasma, even my dead battery rates over an hour now. I should get nearly 4 hours out of a full charge on the good one.

Code: Select all

$ upower --dump | grep -m3 -e cap -e energy-f
    energy-full:         7.66 Wh
    energy-full-design:  28.86 Wh
    capacity:            26.5419%
resigned by AI ChatGPT