[HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

[HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

Postby Dreamwork57 » 2017-11-27 20:56

Hi everybody !

I recently installed debian 9.2 on my laptop, and i'm experimenting an issue with the keyboard.
Actually, I post here but I don't know if it is really because of debian. It might be a bug in kde interface (plasma) but I don't know so maybe you could help me...
The problem is : I can log without any problem with my account, but then when I type something in the interface (search, run, config, even when it asks me credentials...) nothing append, nothing is typed.
However, in any other software anything works properly, so that's why I don't think it's because of a driver.

Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to resolve this ?

Thanks !
Dreamwork57

Re: [HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

Postby bw123 » 2017-11-27 23:21

There were a lot of options in KDE to switch keyboard layout when I installled, I removed most of them. I didn't understand the IBus thing, or the international layout and all that. I just removed it all.

The keyboard on my DELL mini Inspiron 1012 isn't listed in systemsettings>input>keyboard by name, so I disabled the keyboard daemon in systemsettings>startupandshutdown/backgroundservices and so far, so good.

Myabe if you post some info about your hardware, someone else will have a better explanation.
bw123

Re: [HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

Postby Dreamwork57 » 2017-11-28 16:48

Thanks for your message, I disabled the deamon at start and then it works perfectly.
Perhaps the keybord I selected wasn't compatible with mine. Imma do some test to figure out.
Now I have a solution, at least.
Dreamwork57

Return to General Questions