Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

nagios4

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
debigokan

nagios4

#1 Post by debigokan »

Hello

I use Nagios. I receive notifications by mail. But I want you to send them in sms.
Do you have a suggestion for this?

GarryRicketson

Re: nagios4

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Have you done this ?
Send and recieve SMS messages using Nagios for Debian

1 result of many says this:
From: https://www.unixmen.com/send-nagios-ale ... using-sms/Install SmsTools

The SMS Server Tools are made to send and receive short messages through GSM modems. It supports easy file interfaces and it can run external programs for automatic actions.

To be able to send SMS in a team with Linux will need the following:

A modem GSM GPRS.
A card SIM mobile with data activated to be able to send SMS. It is convenient to review that the sending of SMS works properly inserting the card SIM in a mobile and sending a SMS .
Coverage of the mobile network in the zone where place the modem GSM: obviously it has to have coverage of the mobile network so that it work the sending of SMS from the modem GSM.

Then you insert the card SIM in the modem GSM and will connect the modem GSM by USB to the server where nagios is hosted.
by debigokan »But I want you to send them in sms.
On this, I don't understand, Who is "you", ? I guess you would need to contact
who ever sends you the notifications, and that is also not clear, what notifications ?,.... but any way just glancing at the many results, it seems like
you can also configure your nagios to forward and messages using sms, so
you would configure it to forward the notifications or mail , using sms, for example, when it forwards to your cell phone or what ever.

Another result of the search I did for you, :
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... _Ahmed.pdf
Summary:
23 Oct 2010 ... This is a step-by-step guide to implement SMS alerting system with Nagios. ... Solution: This can be attained by using NagiosXI monitoring system on a Linux server which can monitor servers in data ... The SMS Server Tools have been made to send and receive short messages using GSM modems or.
It is some what old, but in any event could be use full,...
If you are talking about notification from Debian, I don't think you will
be able to get much help from Debian.org
https://wiki.debian.org/SystemMonitoring
Nagios - a robust and scalable host/service/network monitoring system (currently unmaintained in Debian)

debigokan

#3 Post by debigokan »

Hello

Unfortunately, I do not have a GSM mode. For this reason, I have to send it from a service provider.
If I can not find a solution, I'll look at what I can do with Python.

Thank you very much for your interest.

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

Your welcome, there may be some others that see this later and know more
about this as well, I just took a glance at some of the search results, and don't really have any experience with Nagios at all.

debigokan

#5 Post by debigokan »

Thank you for your answers. I did it with the API of an SMS company.