Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mounting a Windows 10 iso to install on pc?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
1976Smitty

Mounting a Windows 10 iso to install on pc?

#1 Post by 1976Smitty »

Just wondering if there is an existing guide or tutorial that has advice on this subject. I have a Lenovo PC with 2 freshly formatted hard drives and I cannot afford $99.00 for an OEM Windows 10 copy. I have an iso file on my Onedrive cloud storage account and a valid product key. Any thoughts on how Debian Noroot on my android might help me?

Wheelerof4te

Re: Mounting a Windows 10 iso to install on pc?

#2 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Windows 10 activation is linked to the device motherboard, so your idea might won't work anyway. MS permits only 1 copy of Windows 10 per computer/laptop. So, If you had Windows 10 (pre)installed before on that Lenovo, it will work.
Your question was better suited for Windows forum, BTW. Keep that in mind.
Why don't you install Debian Stable (not advisable right now if you have Broadwell iGPU because of a bug)?
EDIT: Rather than using phone, why don't you ask someone to borrow you their PC for a minute and put Windows 10 .iso on a USB? If you have purchased Windows product key from MS, it should work too. If it's some shaddy key bought online on eBay, you'll have to cross your fingers for that one.

1976Smitty

Re: Mounting a Windows 10 iso to install on pc?

#3 Post by 1976Smitty »

Just thought there might be a Debian compatible apt for mounting iso files and making the android pkone a bootable device...