Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Flatpak with --user flag

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Wheelerof4te

[SOLVED] Flatpak with --user flag

#1 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Are there any security implications with installing flatpak applications in my /home using --user flag instead of default system?
How do you do it? I have much more space on my /home partition, so I want to save space on root.
Last edited by Wheelerof4te on 2018-02-15 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ardouos

Re: Flatpak with --user flag

#2 Post by Ardouos »

Wheelerof4te wrote:Are there any security implications with installing flatpak applications in my /home using --user flag instead of default system?
There shouldn't any implications, the app should still run in its own flatpak runtime environment. Just in your home directory.
Wheelerof4te wrote: How do you do it? I have much more space on my /home partition, so I want to save space on root.
AFAIK you just run --user just after flakpak. e.g.

Code: Select all

flatpak --user remote-add name location

flatpak --user install name location
Then you should be able to just run the application.

flatpak run application
Last edited by Ardouos on 2018-02-15 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Wheelerof4te

Re: Flatpak with --user flag

#3 Post by Wheelerof4te »

There shouldn't any implications, the app should still run in its own flatpak runtime environment. Just in your home directory.
Thank you :)