Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

'solved' debian 9 installation problems

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
kanliot

'solved' debian 9 installation problems

#1 Post by kanliot »

Was using a clean install of debian 9 on a Acer 5630 laptop, was very happy to start, seemed to be running faster than it was.

Eventually I started getting kicked off the WIFI inconsistently with this kernel message: deauthenticating from by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING) .

Not a surprising bug, as you have to test every NIC with every router. Still, it used to work, and getting kicked off 10 times per hour while you 'work' is a hell of a bug.

Also annoying is how the clipboard wouldn't work if you opened new windows. And Weird screen flashing, Also a lack of documentation for setting up .profile, which wasn't getting run.

So, I fixed all three things. When researching the wireless problem, someone mentioned that the cinnamon desktop had the correct file permissions (weird i no). So I just installed mint. I hate everything about it, but my WIFI is fine now.

Cheers,
k. anliot

stevepusser

Re: 'solved' debian 9 installation problems

#2 Post by stevepusser »

If you wanted to solve it in Debian, you could have tried updating the driver. Usually, that can be done by updating the kernel from stretch-backports or another compatible repository. "Solving" it by dumping Debian makes you sound like a troll.
MX Linux packager and developer

kanliot

Re: 'solved' debian 9 installation problems

#3 Post by kanliot »

you use the words solve and try in the same sentence. Like trying your little tip is going to replace hours spent researching the issue