Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

capture sound (and only sound) for flash cards

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
oui

capture sound (and only sound) for flash cards

#1 Post by oui »

I will use virtual flash cards (for ex. in application "granule" but other are available for ex."parley" in KDE etc.) to learn words of (for me) new languages. granule offers the choice to record the sound of the spoken word or sentence. I can get such sounds.

I can easily get a lot of them from video sequences found in the web.

but how to or with which application capture only the sound part from the videos from standard sound output from PC (from alsa, probably the most easy way) or from pulse audio (seams more difficult as the front ends from pulse audio occupy a lot :mrgreen: of place on the screen and it is difficult to operate with them and at the same time with other applications (those where you are looking for the sounds out videos or dialogues where a spoken sound is given)?

debiman

Re: capture sound (and only sound) for flash cards

#2 Post by debiman »

ffmpeg, youtube-dl

Dai_trying

Re: capture sound (and only sound) for flash cards

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

Also you could use audacity and select your machines output as the recording input.