Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

Postby WeLoveDebian » 2018-03-12 22:27

Hi there!

Has anyone compiled and is currently developing a game with Unreal Engine on Testing or Sid? I use Stable but I'd like to use newer versions of mesa and the kernel so that I can use the amdgpu driver while developing with my AMD GCN 1.0 card.

I tried compiling Unreal Engine on Arch Linux, but even though I downgraded CLANG/LLVM to versions 3.5 and 3.9, it just doesn't work. And I don't know what else to downgrade.

And I'm a little afraid of wasting time installing Testing/Sid and it (the engine) not working as well.

Cheers!
WeLoveDebian

Re: Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

Postby stevepusser » 2018-03-12 23:02

Well, I have a backported llvm-5.0 and Mesa 17.3.6 from testing, along with the xorg drivers including amdgpu, in an experimental MX Linux repo, but all I've tested is the intel driver, and that the Nvidia 384.111 won't install for my Optimus setup. The Intel driver works fine, though. I'm trying to talk an AMD user into testing the amdgpu driver...

http://mxrepo.com/mx/experimental/pool/test/
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: GIMP 2.10.6, Pale Moon 28.1.0, wine-staging 3.16, qBittorrent 4.1.3, Linux kernel 4.18.8, virtualbox 5.2.18
stevepusser

Return to General Questions