Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
WeLoveDebian

Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

#1 Post by WeLoveDebian »

Hi there!

Has anyone compiled and is currently developing a game with Unreal Engine on Testing or Sid? I use Stable but I'd like to use newer versions of mesa and the kernel so that I can use the amdgpu driver while developing with my AMD GCN 1.0 card.

I tried compiling Unreal Engine on Arch Linux, but even though I downgraded CLANG/LLVM to versions 3.5 and 3.9, it just doesn't work. And I don't know what else to downgrade.

And I'm a little afraid of wasting time installing Testing/Sid and it (the engine) not working as well.

Cheers!

stevepusser

Re: Unreal Editor on Testing/Sid?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Well, I have a backported llvm-5.0 and Mesa 17.3.6 from testing, along with the xorg drivers including amdgpu, in an experimental MX Linux repo, but all I've tested is the intel driver, and that the Nvidia 384.111 won't install for my Optimus setup. The Intel driver works fine, though. I'm trying to talk an AMD user into testing the amdgpu driver...

http://mxrepo.com/mx/experimental/pool/test/
MX Linux packager and developer