Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved]AT&T Natural Voices with jovie— Possible?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bkpsusmitaa

[Solved]AT&T Natural Voices with jovie— Possible?

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Transcendence / Solution provided at the end of this thread.
Last edited by bkpsusmitaa on 2018-09-08 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

bkpsusmitaa

No, evidently not, without tweaking...

#2 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Query originally posted on 2018-03-24 06:15
Many years back I had observed TextAloud with AT&T Natural Voice. It was as natural as a computer generated voice could be.

I have since searched similar applications in Debian and other flavours of GNU-Linux or FOSS, but failed to find one.

I searched the AT&T site for the software but found nothing. However, software companies like these offer such software: Audrey (16khz UK English) AT&T Natural Voice

Search queries in Google such as these:

Code: Select all

natural voice site:www.att.com/
leads to AT&T Technology Licensing - Speech Recognition which has this information:
Natural Voices ®
AT&T Natural Voices® patented technology provides engines, languages and custom voices for text-to-speech (TTS) applications. Contact Wizard Software for further information at http://www.wizzardsoftware.com. Best in class accuracy in US English, U.K. English, Spanish, German, and French.
If I buy the license to use one British English voice is it possible in Debian to direct Jovie to use this natural voice?

I went to the webpage of Wizzardsoftware. It says:
... Wizzard offers desktop or server SDKs for Developers in Windows or Linux, or a wavefile-producing application for high volume deployment by non-technical users, making this voice technology available to anyone with a need for commercial grade TTS that can be deployed across an extensive variety of environments ...
I then went to their ordering page. They sell only SDKsAT&T Natural Voices SDK for Linux

I don't need their SDKs. I need only the Natural Voice speech engine to be used by a Linux application. I have posted the query at their Sales Inquiry webpage.

There is a post in Ubuntu forum that discusses these issues. The thread is: Natural Sounding Text to Speech?

Debian has this package: svox which has libttspico-utils

SVOX is available as source, while libttspico-utils is a binary. libttspico-utils depend on two binaries:

libttspico-data
and

libttspico0
Has anyone using Debian implemented the AT&T Natural Voice Speech Engine with any TTS package? Jovie?
===================================== The above Query originally posted on 2018-03-24 06:15 =========================================

I just received the answer to my question: ... Possible?
Speech Technologies Dept., Wizzard Speech LLC, wizzardsoftware.com, the software company involved with the AT&T Natural Voices speech engine part, informed:
"... The AT&T Natural Voices engine/runtimes comes in a developers toolkit and must be integrated into an application to voice enable it. We provide the toolkit and licenses in volume for further distribution ... "
:(
Last edited by bkpsusmitaa on 2018-09-08 08:15, edited 2 times in total.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

bkpsusmitaa

Possible solution?

#3 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

We could try libttspico0. It is really good. This installs pico2wave in our systems. It is a very good TTS.
Then use the attached script file to read the text file.
The supporting documents were combed from various webpages.
There is also a nice script here: https://github.com/GwadaLUG/pico-read-speaker

In LibreOffice there is an add-on, read_text.2018.08.12.oxt, that has an option using an external program such as python3 to read libreOffice documents via this code:

/usr/bin/python2.7
or

/usr/bin/python3.3
Then,

"(PICO_READ_TEXT_PY)" --language=(SELECTION_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY_CODE)
--visible=false "(TMP)"
The Add-on is downloaded from
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/exte ... .08.12.oxt

There is also an interesting topic here:
From: https://askubuntu.com/questions/722657/ ... ch-for-kde
But I have still not been able to implement pico to be used from within Jovie.

I do hope that some good programmer would have a better idea.

Ultimately, my objective is to read books from my laptop/desktop using TTS with a simple script that would allow me to select a book and read it with pico2wave at 48000Hz.

I can already achieve this from with Android-x86 on my laptop, but native Debian is the best option for me. I love Debian.
Books that help: