Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

VDR channels.conf help

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
jamessmith260996

VDR channels.conf help

#1 Post by jamessmith260996 »

Hi, I'm currently setting up VDR on my Debian testing system. My TV card is a Hauppauge HVR 5525 with both dvb-s and dvb-t tuners, so I would like to map say BBC1 on both tuners to say channel 1, BBC2 channel 2 etc. Does anybody know if you can mix tuners for a single channel with VDR?

I know Tvheadend and MythTV both do this but I have been running Tvheadend for a while and a little tired of the poor timeshift and Mythtv is overkill for my needs.

I know I'm probably missing something obvious in the VDR wiki so any help would be appreciated.

kevinthefixer

Re: VDR channels.conf help

#2 Post by kevinthefixer »

Can't help much with VDR, but here are two other options, both tested on Stretch:

VLC works; w_scan has an option to generate a VLC playlist, copy its output to a text file, give it a .xspf extension and open it in VLC. (The part you want to copy is at the end, separated with lines of asterisks IIRC.) You can edit that file directly or in VLC's playlist editor.

Code: Select all

w_scan -f a -t 1 -c US -L
Use me-tv. As of this writing there is no approved me-tv package for Stretch, but force Apt to install the Ubuntu Xenial version and it works.

Code: Select all

Download here: 
 https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/me-tv 
Then 
 dpkg -i me-tv_1.3.7-1build2_amd64.deb 
Then there are tons of error messages about missing libs, but they are all in stretch / main, so 
 apt-get -f install 
finished
I'm indebted to user Mindx on the German forums for that, and to Google Translate. Run the code as-is, it works.