Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Audio Input line not working

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Repesorsa

Audio Input line not working

#1 Post by Repesorsa »

Hi,

I've got Debian 9 Stretch on these equipment:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming with

- Realtek® ALC887 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
Support for S/PDIF Out

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300x
RAM: 16GB
Video card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard disk: WD Green 240 GB

In audio settings I've tried every possible input alternative, but I can't get voice from my cassette player. All the cord connections I've checked.
Then I found a site:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... -in-debian
I followed the instructions and reinstalled pulseaudio but it didn't any help. Couldn't detect ALC887.

Have anyone some advice?

arzgi

Re: Audio Input line not working

#2 Post by arzgi »

I don't know is this is any help, but you have to enable input (recording) to use external sound sources.

Repesorsa

#3 Post by Repesorsa »

Ok, I got the voice from rear microphone, but I can't adjust the level of recording, so the sound is breaking.

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

Repesorsa wrote:Ok, I got the voice from rear microphone, but I can't adjust the level of recording, so the sound is breaking.
You have to use mixer to adjust recording level.

Years ago I used audacity to rip cassettes. It was great help to see visually the sound levels, and it had it's own play/record level adjustments. To achieve best result, idea is to maximaze recording level wihout peeks clipping off.

Repesorsa

#5 Post by Repesorsa »

I installed pavucontrol package. It was great help because now I can adjust recording level. Still I can't have voice at the same time I'm recording. :)