Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SSO Config

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
kc0dxf

SSO Config

#1 Post by kc0dxf »

I am trying to find out how to configure (and what software is necessary for) Single Sign On. I work for a small company (about 30 people) and would like to know if Samba (as PDC) can be configured to provide single sign on to our domain as well as email clients. We use Thunderbird for email client and Qmail on Debian for email server. Can someone give me some ideas on if this is possible and how to do it?
bobber

kopper

Re: SSO Config

#2 Post by kopper »

I'm not an expert on the issue, but you might be interested to read a bit about Kerberos. Apparently it can also be configured to work with Samba PDC.
Debian 12 Stable with sway
Secure your stuff: Securing Debian Manual
Don't break your stuff: Source List Management DontBreakDebian

kkremitzki

Re: SSO Config

#3 Post by kkremitzki »

You can use Samba, but personally I prefer FreeIPA, which is made up of many parts, including Kerberos, LDAP, and Dogtag PKI. You can get centralized sudoers rules, autofs (including /home) mounts, and more.

Unfortunately the state of the package in various versions of Debian is a bit raw still (thanks to Timo Aaltonen for all the great work so far, it's a pretty huge task which I'd like to help out with one day) so depending on what you're running it may not be available or currently working.