Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

High CPU with Chrome or/and Firefox

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
debiman

Re: High CPU with Chrome or/and Firefox

#16 Post by debiman »

Fred34 wrote:it's a shame
...that people constantly spread FUD about $FOSS_PROJECT, inevitably comparing it to some less-than-opensourced project which somehow always appears to be "better" in the end.
without really knowing what they're talking about, just jumping in on the hype.
the current hype being that firefox is slow.
if i run firefox on my 10-year old netbook it's also painfully slow, compared to chrome on my company desktop. whatever. make a proper technical comparison or stop spreading FUD.

bester69

#17 Post by bester69 »

Fred34 wrote:Hi everyone

I'm discovering Debian, but I've one problem, with chromium and/or firefoxthe processor goes so high when it load the pages, sometimes without any reasons ….i don’t understand.

I’ve got two computers with Debian, just one does that, i changed and install a SSD hard disk but it’s the same result, ok it’s not a recent machine but it’s not even a dinosaur :
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor L110 1,2 GHz
2Gb of memory and i’m using LXDE…

Do you have any idea what it could be ??
With Your proccesor, I would recommend you to use and old Firefox/Chromium's version when regular use (Not risky credit bank operations).:
Im using Opera v42 for two/tree years long due to CPU's performance issues with newers versions; and Im very satisfied with it.

Here is Opera pub, to download any older versions:
https://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop/

Try mine's version and tell me how it went; that version has a good balance between last features and performance.
https://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop ... 517/linux/
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Wheelerof4te

#18 Post by Wheelerof4te »

^Best advice here. Just listen to the guy, OP. Learn from the true troll master.

debiman

#19 Post by debiman »

ok, seriously, bester69 does things on their own half-zombied machine that we really do NOT recommend to others.