High CPU with Chrome or/and Firefox

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

Re: High CPU with Chrome or/and Firefox

Postby debiman » 2018-05-26 07:02

Fred34 wrote:it's a shame

...that people constantly spread FUD about $FOSS_PROJECT, inevitably comparing it to some less-than-opensourced project which somehow always appears to be "better" in the end.
without really knowing what they're talking about, just jumping in on the hype.
the current hype being that firefox is slow.
if i run firefox on my 10-year old netbook it's also painfully slow, compared to chrome on my company desktop. whatever. make a proper technical comparison or stop spreading FUD.
debiman

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-09 14:40

Fred34 wrote:Hi everyone

I'm discovering Debian, but I've one problem, with chromium and/or firefoxthe processor goes so high when it load the pages, sometimes without any reasons ….i don’t understand.

I’ve got two computers with Debian, just one does that, i changed and install a SSD hard disk but it’s the same result, ok it’s not a recent machine but it’s not even a dinosaur :
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor L110 1,2 GHz
2Gb of memory and i’m using LXDE…

Do you have any idea what it could be ??

With Your proccesor, I would recommend you to use and old Firefox/Chromium's version when regular use (Not risky credit bank operations).:
Im using Opera v42 for two/tree years long due to CPU's performance issues with newers versions; and Im very satisfied with it.

Here is Opera pub, to download any older versions:
https://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop/

Try mine's version and tell me how it went; that version has a good balance between last features and performance.
https://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop ... 517/linux/
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Postby Wheelerof4te » 2018-06-09 15:26

^Best advice here. Just listen to the guy, OP. Learn from the true troll master.
Wheelerof4te

Postby debiman » 2018-06-09 18:24

ok, seriously, bester69 does things on their own half-zombied machine that we really do NOT recommend to others.
debiman

Previous

Return to General Questions