Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED]Error Installing Docker-CE on Debian Stretch

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bcinteractive

[SOLVED]Error Installing Docker-CE on Debian Stretch

#1 Post by bcinteractive »

Hi,

I have an error installing Docke-CE using this instruction: https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/debian/

I got stuck on ap-get update with the following error:

Code: Select all

Err:13 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch/stable amd64 Packages  
  gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has failed.
W: The repository 'https://download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: Failed to fetch https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/dists/stretch/stable/binary-amd64/Packages  gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has failed.
I also got this:

apt-key fingerprint 0EBFCD88
pub   rsa4096 2017-02-22 [SCEA]
      9DC8 5822 9FC7 DD38 854A  E2D8 8D81 803C 0EBF CD88
uid           [ unknown] Docker Release (CE deb) <docker@docker.com>
sub   rsa4096 2017-02-22 [S]
There's an [ unknown] word in the apt-key command. What is this and how do I troubleshoot this.

Thank you.
Last edited by bcinteractive on 2018-05-13 03:27, edited 1 time in total.
:) Things Change
:) Just Do It
Heavy Gnome Desktop User

Bulkley

Re: Error Installing Docker-CE on Debian Stretch

#2 Post by Bulkley »

What's wrong with the Docker in Debian's repository?

apt install docker

bcinteractive

#3 Post by bcinteractive »

Follow up on the matter when I issue

apt-key list
I found out that all entries have [ unknown] in them. Is this cause for alarm?

Please help.

Also, can I delete key entries related to other debian versions that is not stretch?
Heavy Gnome Desktop User

bcinteractive

#4 Post by bcinteractive »

This is really getting on my nerves. I’m now away from the desktop. And just installed docker on a third debian desktop successfully.

apt-get update 
looks into a lot of docker related URLs. On the third successful install, apt-get update only look into one docker url. I can’t list the urls as am now away from the desktop. But this is a good way of keeping tabs on my progress.
Heavy Gnome Desktop User

bcinteractive

[SOLVED]Re: Error Installing Docker-CE on Debian Stretch

#5 Post by bcinteractive »

I visited this site for a solution

# dpkg -l | grep libgnutls
ii  libgnutls-deb0-28:amd64                           3.3.8-6+deb8u7                              amd64        GNU TLS library - main runtime library
rc  libgnutls-deb0-28:i386                            3.3.8-6+deb8u7                              i386         GNU TLS library - main runtime library
ii  libgnutls-openssl27:amd64                         3.5.8-5+deb9u3                              amd64        GNU TLS library - OpenSSL wrapper
ii  libgnutls30:amd64                                 3.5.8-5+deb9u3                              amd64        GNU TLS library - main runtime library
ii  libgnutls30:i386                                  3.5.8-5+deb9u3                              i386         GNU TLS library - main runtime library
It looks like I have two (2) versions of libgnutls when I try to remove libgnutls-deb0-28

So I try to remove one of them - the older one with some errors that prevents me from completely removing the package:

# apt-get remove --purge libgnutls-deb0-28
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libcurl3-gnutls : Depends: librtmp1 (>= 2.4+20131018.git79459a2-3~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
Using synaptic - I looked into BROKEN packages. Resolve this issue by deleting these packages and now I don't get error message using apt-get update for the docker repository.
Heavy Gnome Desktop User