Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian OMV

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
FrankRizz0

Debian OMV

#1 Post by FrankRizz0 »

Good morning all!

I'm a new user with Debian, but I do have some Linux skills (this is why I'm not posting in the beginners area). I'm trying to set up a NAS, but unfortunately FreeNAS, OMV, etc. are very limited in what a user can and can't do. I decided to try installing OMV on top of Debian using this wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallOpenMediaVaultOnDebian

which unfortunately returned these errors:

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 openmediavault : Depends: php5-fpm but it is not installable
                  Depends: php5-cgi but it is not installable
                  Depends: php5-cli but it is not installable
                  Depends: php5-pam but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: openssh-blacklist-extra but it is not installable
                  Depends: php5-proctitle but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I'm assuming I need another repository to install these packages? Is there a tool Debian has for searching repositories? Or am I totally lost and there are other issues?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Debian OMV

#2 Post by arochester »

The wiki says
InstallOpenMediaVaultOnDebian (last modified 2015-03-24 02:53:56)
...a few years old.

Have you tried e.g. https://forum.openmediavault.org/index. ... 9-Stretch/

FrankRizz0

#3 Post by FrankRizz0 »

No I haven't, and thank you so much for this. I will give it a try and let you know how it went.

FrankRizz0

#4 Post by FrankRizz0 »

Not the result I was hoping for :?

Code: Select all

> install postfix openmediavault
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11-icons-hidpi (main/dep11/icons-128x128.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:16 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
E: Unable to locate package openmediavault