Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Miredo 1.2.3-1.1_amd64 on Debian version 9.5 Linux.

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Russell136

Miredo 1.2.3-1.1_amd64 on Debian version 9.5 Linux.

#1 Post by Russell136 »

Attention: Debian User Forum members:
This morning I entered the following two commands from my Windows Subsystem for Linux ( WSL ) Debian version 9.3 Linux prompt:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt full-upgrade

These commands upgraded my Debian operating system to version 9.5. Miredo 1.2.3-1.1_amd64 ( for the Teredo server, if I understand it correctly ) has been configured for a regular tunnel ( under my he.net ( Hurricane Electric ) account ( account name: "Rewillis" )). The code from the "Example Configurations" tab under my he.net account has been edited into my "/etc/init/network-interface.conf" file, in order to implement the regular tunnel. However, the "miredo" directory and its files currently reside on "c:" ( in Microsoft Windows 10 ). Is there a way that I can use the "cp" command from within the Debian operating system to copy the "miredo" directory and its files from "c:" to the appropriate directory under the Debian operating system? Also, I noticed, while upgrading the Debian operating system, that there were some "amd64" files being loaded into the Debian operating system. Is there a chance that tunneling functionality would have been included with the upgrade? Thank you for your help. Keep in touch. :D

Russell E. Willis

bw123

Re: Miredo 1.2.3-1.1_amd64 on Debian version 9.5 Linux.

#2 Post by bw123 »

According to the link below,
also allowing users to use Windows apps and Linux tools on the same set of files.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_S ... _for_Linux

There is mention also that
...This subsystem cannot run all Linux software, such as 32-bit binaries, or those in need of unimplemented Linux kernel services
I think that setup is all very new, so support may be hard to find right now? If you want to run debian, a minimal cli install on a vm might be a better option?
resigned by AI ChatGPT