Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cannot see any wireless network

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Cannot see any wireless network

#21 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Morales1235 wrote:What can be wrong with libcrypto?
The third-party repositories that you have added to your system have polluted your dependency chain and broken wpa_supplicant, your errors cannot be reproduced in a "pure" Debian system.

I can't figure out what's making it want a non-existent library and even if we could there would probably be other broken packages in your system so I think you will have to re-install from scratch and stick to the official repositories next time.

EDIT: the locally compiled version of wpa_supplicant seems to work though so you just need to assign IP addresses to connect.
deadbang

arzgi

Re: Cannot see any wireless network

#22 Post by arzgi »

I forgot to mention, that I have a pure Debian stetch.

Now you have seen, it can produce severe complications when you use third party packages. There may become even problems, that are more difficult or impossible to solve..

I would give up and do a clean reinstall. So the instructions given would work, and you would not have to fear what might happen next.

I did not see in the thread, or did read selectively, but here it is, read and try to understand:
https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian