Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to get rid of wishlist requests

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
arzgi

How to get rid of wishlist requests

#1 Post by arzgi »

I used reporbug to file a bug last week. After that, I've received several wishlist requests from submit@bugs.debian.org.

I asked from Majordomo@debian.org to which post-list have I subscribed:
  • debian-announce,
    debian-l10n-finnish,
    debian-news,
    debian-security-announce,
    debian-stable-announce,
    debian-www, whitelist.
Is it one of those, or how can I stop receiving those wishlist requests?

debiman

Re: How to get rid of wishlist requests

#2 Post by debiman »

is it not part of the email body, somewhere towards the bottom, telling you how to unsubscribe from that particular list?

arzgi

#3 Post by arzgi »

debiman wrote:is it not part of the email body, somewhere towards the bottom, telling you how to unsubscribe from that particular list?
Nope. I guess I could mark source to spam, but that's bit problematic because not all messages from that source are wishlists.

Perhaps I have to do a procmail recipe, that reads the body of messages, if I can't prevent from source. Too bad it won't work on my phone. :mrgreen:

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

arzgi wrote:
debiman wrote:is it not part of the email body, somewhere towards the bottom, telling you how to unsubscribe from that particular list?
Nope. I guess I could mark source to spam, but that's bit problematic because not all messages from that source are wishlists.

Perhaps I have to do a procmail recipe, that reads the body of messages, if I can't prevent from source. Too bad it won't work on my phone. :mrgreen:

EDIT. I can unsubscibe at least one bug at time:

Code: Select all

[bug-number]-unsubscribe@bugs.debian.org
I just hope the flood will stop.