Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Can't watch videos on site Real.Video

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: [SOLVED] Can't watch videos on site Real.Video

#31 Post by None1975 »

Fernando Negro wrote:The whole "Real.Video" website is, due to its nature, essentially filled with videos of a (mainly) political content. And because of this, it didn't make much sense to look for something "neutral". But, for the sake of everyone's time and patience, I will be careful in the future to choose samples that are as "neutral" as possible.
Sorry for my bad English. I would suggest disregarding such things. If people are not able to deal with the problem, from video content, I think they are thick trolls.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Fernando Negro

#32 Post by Fernando Negro »

None1975,

I think so also... And, I even disagree with the decision that was made (of removing my hyperlink).

But, in order to save everyone's time (that can be better used for other things), I will be careful to avoid creating this type of situations again.

Take care.
I just *love* the stability, much more bug-free nature, and modular installation options of Debian. Apart from the unfortunate adoption of "systemd" (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=129881&start=165#p671030) this distribution is *great*.

debiman

#33 Post by debiman »

Fernando Negro wrote:The whole "Real.Video" website is, due to its nature, essentially filled with videos of a (mainly) political content. And because of this, it didn't make much sense to look for something "neutral". But, for the sake of everyone's time and patience, I will be careful in the future to choose samples that are as "neutral" as possible.
saying this doesn't make much sense because you were (and still are) the only person making an issue out of it.

Dai_trying

#34 Post by Dai_trying »

debiman wrote:saying this doesn't make much sense because you were (and still are) the only person making an issue out of it.
If that were true the original posters link would not have been moderated (removed) so there are at least 2 people making this an issue, and as you seem to want to input on the same topic that would make 3...

And just to note I did not watch the video so my opinion is not swayed by it's content either way but OP does appear to be acting responsible and trying to draw this thread to a conclusion but unnecessary trolling comments like the above quote are trying to prevent it.

debiman

#35 Post by debiman »

Dai_trying wrote:
debiman wrote:saying this doesn't make much sense because you were (and still are) the only person making an issue out of it.
If that were true the original posters link would not have been moderated (removed) so there are at least 2 people making this an issue, and as you seem to want to input on the same topic that would make 3...
fair enough.
but op started the controversy by over-reacting, all subsequent actions are a result of that.
OP does appear to be acting responsible and trying to draw this thread to a conclusion
so it would appear; but i felt the need to point out that i see this as a sort of "false generosity".
but unnecessary trolling comments like the above quote are trying to prevent it.
you and me both!
feel free to stop posting anytime.